Brain Power Diet
Protein should supply 15% of your total calorie intake, it is used to manufacture brain tissues, neurotransmitters, enzymes, and a variety of other brain chemicals. Select between 5 ounces (recommended for women) and 8 ounces (recommended for men) from animal protein from lean sources:
- Lean meats
- Fatty fish such as salmon, herring, tuna, and sardines, plus other seafood
- Skinless poultry
- Organ meats
- Skim as well as low-fat dairy products
Eggs – Eggs yolks contain Choline, a nutrient of two fat-like molecules the brain needs to function well. Another excellent source of protein and the good fats your brain likes. The selenium in organic eggs is also a mood booster.
Fish – The Limitless meat group! For those seeking a limitless mind and body fish is quite simply one of the best things you can consume. In fact in the movie Limitless, in the scene where the main character has that dynamic lunch meeting with the Wall Street tycoon, I believe they are eating fish! A diet of fish should definitely be on your recipe for grandeur. This food group is rich in the essential fatty acids your brain craves, Omega-3, Omega-6 & Omega-9. Here's a few of benefits of these acids:
- The brain power chemical ingredient in the omega oils is DHA. People who eat well have high levels of DHA experience the following benefits: reduces stress, increases Neuroplasticity (helps you learn, improves memory) and interestingly if you live healthy lifestyle with lots of DHA consumption you will pass these health benefits onto your children.
- A mood lifter that saves you from the stress of your limitless lifestyle. Improves your serotonin metabolism and hormones that affect mood. Limiting depression, anxiety and hyperactivity.
- Improved cognition and alertness
- Improved long and short term memory
- Reduced risk of degenerative mental diseases (such as dementia)
- Protects against a wide variety of cancers.
- The signifigant levels of omega-3 amino fatty acids in tuna and other fish offer worthwhile protection against macular degeneration (AMD) of the eyes, a condition in which vision is lost.
- Omega-3 aminos assist the cardiovascular system by helping in the prevention of irregular heart rhythms, decreasing the likelyhood of blood clots, and improving the proportion of good (HDL) cholesterol to potentially dangerous(LDL) cholesterol. Also, omega-3s reduce inflammation, and thereby the conversion of cholesterol into artery-clogging plaques.
- Promotes detoxification and is critical for a healthy liver.
- Improves insulin response and reduces the chances of obesity.
What if you are a vegetarian or don't like fish? While there is no exact substitute for the natural combination of brain power protein, fats and vitamins in fish you can get your intake of omega oils from fish oil pills that you can buy at any grocery store and you can take protein supplements.
|Tuna – Tuna is one of the most nutrient rich foods you can eat. It contains high quality protein, the minerals selenium, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin B complex and omega-3 fatty acids for memory power. In fact Tuna, particularly yellowfin tuna, has one of the highest levels of Vitamin B6 Studies have shown that B6 is directly linked to memory, cognition and long term brain health. Generally, the B vitamins are among the most important for balancing your mood. B6 in particular influences dopamine receptors (dopamine is one of your "feel good" hormones along with serotonin).|
|Wild Salmon – Another excellent limitless fish. It's recommended to avoid farmed salmon. Wild salmon helps do a wide range of things from improve your brain matter, synaptic connections, mood and arteries. Along with reducing your risk of stroke, Alzheimer's and Dementia. Wild Salmon also has one of the lowest amounts of contaminants (like mercury) of any seafood. Not only an phenominal food for mind health, it qualifies as spectacular across pretty much every other health standard as well and is definitely one of the healthiest foods that you can eat. End of story.|
|Oysters – Another great seafood rich in selenium, protein, magnesium, and multiple other nutrients important to mental health. One study reported that males who consumed oysters had improved cognition, mental states and mood. Not all shellfish are good for you but Oysters should be on your shopping list. Oysters also help to keep the libido strong.|
This website has +400 pages of information demystifying Lifehacking, Biohacking and Smart Drugs - that's kind of an overwhelming amount of information. As soon as you join the Limitless Mindset Community (It's free!) we give you instant access to an interactive infographic which visually breaks the widely disparate topics we cover in exhaustively in our articles, videos and podcasts.