Limitless Mindset Podcast
In this episode I'm joined by a 20 year veteran of the US Navy SEALs, Commander Mark Divine. Mark operates SEALFIT, a firm that physically and psychologically prepares Special Forces candidates with a 100% placement rate. We discuss everything from Hell Week and gamifying situational awareness to warrior mediation and preparing to hike Machu Pichu.
Jonathan at the summit at Vulcan Baru in Panama.
Download this episode as an Audio (MP3 - on Google Drive)
In This Episodes We Discuss:
- What is Hell Week and BUD/S?
- Physical and mental training as a social activity.
- Qauntifying the effectiveness of our physical training regimens.
- Physical training for long hikes.
- The K.I.M Game
- Multitasking mediation: Integrating Warrior Yoga, box breathing, breath awareness and Qigong.
- Navy SEALs color system for Situational Awarenss: White (Complete ignorance of your environment), Yellow (Passive alert, pattern recognition state), Orange (A blip on your radar, pay attention), Red (Massive voilent action)
- How Navy SEALs are trained to relax. 4 count deep diaframeatic breathing for relaxing. Breathing through nose interupts fight or flight responses.
- Visualization practice: light flowing into our body
- Physical training: Body weight, pull ups, air squats, the burpee
Resources & Products:
Videos: SEALFIT Hell Week Boot Camp on NBC News
Scaled Dive-Bomber Pushup
SEALFIT Air Squat